White Hot Startups - Part 2
The right app can change your life. If you find yourself "not getting" an app, there's a good chance that someone is working on a similar one that you will get.
TechCrunch has unveiled a list of "private Internet companies" that Goldman Sachs thinks may IPO in the next year. I thought it would be useful to check out what these companies actually do so I've added links and a brief description of each one (click here for Part 1 of the list).
- One Kings Lane - Elegant, curated online sales
- Peixe Urbano - Exploring the city (Brazil - site is Portugese)
- Polyvore - The best place to discover or start fashion trends
- Quantcast - It's your audience, we just find it.
- Quora - A continually improving collection of questions and answers created, edited, and organized by everyone who uses it.
- Rent The Runway - Rent dresses for any occasion.
- Rue la la - Coveted designer offerings. Private sale prices. Members only.
- Rovio - Angry Birds!
- Shopkick - Gives you awesome deals and rewards simply for walking into your favorite stores.
- Specific Media - Innovative global interactive media company.
- Survey Monkey - Create and publish online surveys in minutes
- Square - Start accepting credit cards today.
- TrialPay - The Leader in Transactional Advertising
- Trunk Club - Personalized clothing service for men.
- Tumblr - Feature rich and free blog hosting platform.
- Uber - Everyone's private driver
- Warby Parker - Vintage inspired eyewear.
- WePay - The easiest way to accept payments online.
- Xoom - Send money online to friends and family.
- ZocDoc - Find a doctore and make your appointments online.
- Zoosk - World's largest social dating community.