White Hot Startups - Part 1
The right app can change your life. If you find yourself "not getting" an app, there's a good chance that someone is working on a similar one that you will get.
TechCrunch has unveiled a list of "private Internet companies" that Goldman Sachs thinks may IPO in the next year. I thought it would be useful to check out what these companies actually do so I've added links and a brief description of each one (click here for Part 2 of the list)
- Airbnb - Find a Place to Stay
- Beachmint - A Next Generation Social Commerce Company (girly e-commerce)
- Birchbox - Discover Beauty Better
- Bluekai - Your Data Performing at Scale
- Badoo - Boost your social life. Chat, flirt, meet up and have fun!
- BOKU - Pay with your phone number
- Box.net - Simple, secure sharing.
- BranchOut - Career networking on Facebook
- Cloudflare - Give us five minutes and we'll supercharge your website
- Coupons.com - no explanation required
- DropBox - Dropbox is a free service that lets you bring your photos, docs, and videos anywhere and share them easily.
- Eventbrite - Make your event a success
- Gogobot - The best travel advice
- Hipmunk - We make booking travel faster and easier
- Instagram - Fast beautiful photo sharing for your iPhone
- Jawbone - delivering innovative products that improve the mobile lifestyle through ever-changing software and wearability
- Klout - Measuring influence since 2008
- Narrative Science - We Turn Data Into Stories and Insights
- Ness computing - Personal search engine
- Pinterest - Online pinboard