The Inventors Hall of Fame
Ten names were added to the National Inventors Hall of Fame on May 2, 2012. Each one of them deserves to have a book written about them. Only one could be considered a household name.
- Akira Endo - first statin drug,
- Barbara Liskov - software design
- Kumar Patel - carbon dioxide laser
- Lubomyr Romankiw and David Thompson - magnetic thin-film storage heads
- Gary Starkweather - laser printer
- Alejandro Zaffaroni - controlled drug delivery systems (transdermal patches)
- Mária Telkes - pioneer in solar energy;
- Dennis Gabor - conceptualized holography
- Steve Jobs - technology
These kinds of people change the world. The reality TV people keep us numb to possibilities.