Mining - Where NOT to Invest in 2012
Behre Dolbear Group Inc. had been advising clients about the mineral industry since 1911. They've just released their annual 2012 Ranking of Countries for Mining Investment or Where Not to Invest (links to the report).
The 25 countries considered in this year’s survey are ranked based on seven criteria:
- the country’s economic system
- the country’s political system
- the degree of social issues affecting mining in the country
- delays in receiving permits due to bureaucratic and other issues
- the degree of corruption prevalent in the country
- the stability of the country’s currency
- the competitiveness of the country’s tax policy
Worth a glance before you plunge in on an inherently risky business.